Wearing the Music: From Led Zeppelin to Lorde and MAC Again



It's funny I mentioned Led Zeppelin in my last outfit post… Coz I walked into Cotton On the next day and there was this Led Zeppelin tank… So weird. Not the manifesting part, the part about Led Zeppelin being on a tank in Cotton on at Bondi Junction. #I'msoconfused. I remember the days when you had to go to a band's show to get their merch, or at least scour the internet to find your favourite band's t-shirt and even then it was something awful in men's sizes only - and that was only a few years ago. Then again, it's not like Led Zeppelin are playing at your local pub these days, are they? And it's not like this is actually their merch, right?

It used to be all about the music… But now, music is in fashion. But not like 'in fashion - on trend', more like 'IS fashion'. Or is it just that fashion is all about the music? Or maybe fashion is the end of music? Speaking of the end of things, did you see End of Fashion's Justin Burford's accidental front page news rant about how Triple J killed his band? So, wait… Music is the end of music? No, the music industry is the end of music…?  Hang on, so is fashion the new music?

 Well, I don't have time to answer that right now because I'm distracted by the real question here:
If music is fashion, can you actually wear music? 

Vanessa Hudgens and Zac Efron almost got it right with "You Are the Music in Me" - one tweak to "on me" and they could've been onto something. But, David Guetta says "You Are the Music" - then again he would say that, he's a DJ. He couldn't ever really say "I am the music" he could only ever say "I press play on the music". I wonder if he ever thought of trying to sell music as fashion? He should have worked out how to make music into a product that you could sell and make money from. Wait - the music industry already did that. Damn, I thought I was onto something new.

Maybe I am…?

Anyways, in other groundbreaking news, I've officially converted to the Mac-only-lipstick cult. After spending a day in this Relentlessly Red Retro Matte lipstick and liner in Kiss Me Quick, I am never, ever, ever going back to anything else. I'm now on a mission to collect the whole rainbow of Mac lipsticks.

And speaking of Mac and confusing music situations - Lorde is doing lipstick for Mac. Wasn't she just going on about how someone re-touched this photo and that her skin doesn't really look like that, all airbrushed and what-not. And now she's working with the beauty industry? 

Ahhhh Lorde, I love you.
From one contradiction to another, we're all in this together.



O U T F I T   D E T A I L S
Led Zeppelin tank at Cotton On
Dr Denim Jeans

Free People Fringe Bag
Vintage Ray-Bans
Skull Ring + Wings Cuff by Lotus Mendes
MojoMade Double Quartz Crystal Necklace + Black Crystal Ring

***No DJ's were harmed in the making of this post***





7 peeps said something:

  1. Yes, another MAC only convert. I am actually super psyched about Lorde's collaboration with them. What can I say? Makeup is too much fun.

    http://lamentinglizzie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yesss I shall never ever leave this new lipstick heaven! :)

      Delete
  2. Love this look, I just discover your blog, love it !
    XO from France
    Vanessa

    http://www.luniversdevanessad.fr

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting - follow me on twitter & instagram for stuff on the go - I'm under @MorganJoanel x